- This event has passed.
Recent Supreme Court Rulings and Constitutional Implications for Marriage and Family Law
May 16 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for this Webinar
12:00pm – 1:00pm CST (1 Hour CLE)
$50 Fellows / $75 Non-Fellows
The AAML welcomes Dean of Berkeley Law, Erwin Chemerinsky who will present on Recent Supreme Court Rulings and Constitutional Implications for Marriage and Family Law. Dean Chemerinsky will examine and review current and past Supreme Court cases involving:
- The history of constitutional protection of marriage and family Law:
- The decision in Roe v. Wade;
- The law of abortion since Roe v. Wade;
- The decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization; and
- The implications of Dobbs on abortion rights, other reproductive rights and other constitutional rights concerning marriage and family law.
In addition to his other accolades, Dean Chemerinsky is the author of more than 200 law review articles. He is a contributing writer for the Opinion section of the Los Angeles Times, and writes regular columns for the Sacramento Bee, the ABA Journal and the Daily Journal, and frequent op-eds in newspapers across the country. He frequently argues appellate cases, including in the United States Supreme Court.
In 2016, he was named a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. In 2017, National Jurist magazine again named Dean Chemerinsky as the most influential person in legal education in the United States. In 2022, he is the President of the Association of American Law Schools.