Her greatest professional satisfaction is knowing that she guides her clients through a difficult time in life, leading them towards a better future, by empowering them with the knowledge of what to expect, what their enlightenments are and by counseling them through the course of their domestic dispute from start to conclusion.
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- Chapter Delegate Board of Governors
- First VP, Second VP, President, Immediate Past President, Chapter Delegate Board of Governors
- Columbus Bar Association American Bar Association Ohio State Bar Association Chair, Domestic Relations Committee, Central Ohio Association for Justice (formerly the Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association), 2002
- Presenter, Divorce 101-Using Discovery in Divorce, AAML Ohio/CBA, 2018Presenter, Ted Talks Tax: Home is Where the Tax Is, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Fall Meeting, Family Law, 2017Presenter, Hot Tips: Getting the Court to Order Life Insurance to Secure Support, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Ohio Chapter Symposium, 2017Presenter, Family Law Update, OSBA State Convention, 2014Replevin–Give Me Back My Stuff, legal options available to non-married people seeking return of their property after a relationship ends, presented as part of “Divorce Without A Marriage” , 24th Annual Harold R. Kemp AAML Ohio Symposium on Family Law, 2012Often Overlooked Antenuptial Agreement Issues , 23rd Annual Harold R. Kemp AAML Ohio Family Law Symposium
- Dayton Bar Association, 2012Relocation in Custody Matters, key aspects of representing parents moving out-of-state with the children vs parents remaining in their home state with the children, Columbus Bar Association, 2008Child & Spousal Support Update, 2007Relocation Do’s and Don’ts, tips for litigating parental relocation in custody matters , 18th Annual AAML Ohio Family Law Symposium, 2006Retirement Benefits & Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, Ohio Legal Aid, 2006Life Insurance & Divorce, importance and ability to obtain and maintain life insurance to collateralize support obligations with life insurance, Columbus Bar Association, 2006Using Prenuptial Agreements to Minimize Financial Surprises, 2004Divorce & Representing Small Business Owners, 1998Using Discovery to Your Client’s Advantage, which was selected by the Ohio CLE Institute for publication in The Best of Family Law 1997, Co-Author, 1997
Find a Lawyer
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.