Cal Western / 2003 / JD
Admitted to Practice
CA / 2003
AAML Position(s) Held
- – American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), Southern California Chapter, Board of Directors, 2020-2022.- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), Southern California Chapter, Co-Dean of Trial Advocacy Institute, 2021.
- Judicially-Appointed Positions- San Diego Superior Court Family Law Pro Tem Judge: 2012 to present.- Guardian ad Litem: 2015 to present.- San Diego Superior Court Local Rules Committee: February 2018, SDFLBA representative.- San Diego Superior Court Local Rules Committee: February 2015, North San Diego County Representative.
- Committees- SDFLBA Education Committee, 2017 to 2019.- SDFLBA New Member Recruitment Committee, 2017 to 2019.- Chairperson, SDFLBAs 2016 Winter Continuing Education Seminar.- Co-chairperson, SDFLBAs 2016 Summer Continuing Education Seminar.- NCBA Family Law Committee, 2017 to 2018.- NCBA Membership Development Committee, 2017 to 2018.- North County Family Law Specialists (NCFLS), Chairperson of Education Committee, 2013 to 2019.- NCFLS Website Development Committee, 2015 to 2019.
- Community/Volunteer Positions- Guide, San Diego Superior Court -Youth in Court Day, 2014-2018.- Law Day for NCBA, 2018.- Family Law Attorney for Legal Clinic, Veterans Stand Down Event, January 2018.- Board of Directors, San Diego Playwrights Project, 2016 to 2018.- Legal Clinic, Drug Court of San Diego Superior Court, 2017.- College-Bound Mentor, Just in Time for Foster Youth, 2016.- Core 24 Professional Womens Group, Founder and Mentor, 2014.- Board of Directors, Encinitas Chamber of Commerce, 2006-2008.- Pro Bono, Community Resource Center, 2005-2006.
- Memberships and Associations- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 2018 to present- International Academy of Family Lawyers, Fellow, 2020 to present- San Diego Family Law Bar Association, 2014 to present- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, 2013 to present- North County Bar Association, 2012 to present- North County Family Law Specialists, 2013 to present- American Inns of Court, Honorable Fiorenzo V. Lopardo Chapter, 2013 and 2014
- – Presenter, AAML 2021 and 2022 Southern California Chapter Trial Basics Seminar: “Refreshing Recollections & Judicial Notice” and “Other Nuggets from the Evidence Code.”- Presenter, AAML 2020 Trial Advocacy Institute: -Myths and Fairytales, Telling the Story of the Blended Family.- Judges Panel Moderator, San Diego Family Law Bar Association (SDFLBA) 2018 Fall Seminar: -Attorneys Fees and Sanctions.- Presenter, San Diego Law Library Know the Law Series, February 2018: Family Law.- Chairperson and Moderator, North County Bar Association (NCBA) Fall 2017 Seminar: -Domestic Violence Restraining Orders: Family and Criminal Law Cross-Over Issues.- Co-presenter with Hon. Linda Quinn, SDFLBA 2017 Fall Seminar: -When can you retire?- Co-presenter with Comm. Patti Ratekin, SDFLBA 2016 Winter Seminar: -Complex Application of the UCCJEA.- Co-presenter with Hon. Linda Quinn, SDFLBA 2016 Fall Seminar: -Is a Spin-Off Business Separate or Community Property?- Judges Panel Moderator, SDFLBA 2016 Summer Seminar: -Modification and Termination of Spousal Support After Long-Term Marriage.- Chairperson/Moderator, North County Family Law Specialists -Third Thursday continuing education seminars: 2013 to 2019.
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.