Vermond Law School, 1983, JD
Admitted to Practice
Maine 1983; Massachusetts, 1983
AAML Position(s) Held
- Journal Board
- Legislation Committee
- CLE committees
- amicus committee
- Past President, Northeast Chapter
- Board Member, National Organization of Forensic Social Workers (2018-present
- President, 2021-present
- Vice-President, 2019-2021). Guardian ad Litem Review Board, Maine Board of Overseers of the Bar, appointed Chair by Maine Supreme Judicial Court (2015-2021). Board of Directors, Caring Unlimited, York Countys Domestic Violence Program (2004-present).Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (1990-present
- Board of Editors, Journal of the AAML, 2009-present
- Co-Chair, Legislation Committee, 2012-present
- Member, CLE Committee, 2017-2018
- President, AAML Northeast Chapter, 2016-2018).Fellow, International Academy of Family Lawyers (2010-present
- Board of Governors, USA Chapter Delegate, 2016-2017)
- Board of Governors, Maine State Bar Association (19932005
- President, 2004
- President-Elect 2003
- Second Vice-President, 2002
- Third Vice-President, 2001
- Treasurer, 2000).Director, New England Bar Association (19942002
- President, 2001-2002
- Vice-President, 2000-2001).Member, Tri-State Commission on Bar Admissions (1998-2000).Family Law Section, Maine State Bar Association (Chair 1993-1994
- Vice-Chair 1991-1993).
- The Influence of Implicit Bias on Forensic Opinions and Judicial Decision-Making, Integrating Research into Practice and Policy: The Impact on Families and Children, AFCC Fall Conference, Pittsburgh, PA (October, 2019). Psychological Evaluations and the Forensic Social Worker: The Ethics of Relevance, Reliability, and Interdisciplinary Communication, NOFSW Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV (June, 2019).
- Compassionate Conversations for Advance Care Planning: ACP Made Easy?, Interprofessional Panel, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL (April, 2019). Where are the Children under State Custody during a Natural Disaster?, Childrens Rights, Communites, and Good Practices, DevNet Conference, Christchurch, NZ (December, 2018). Grandparent -Rights in the 21st Century?, Nicholas Cipriani Inn of Court and Doris Jonas Freed Inn of Court, Conshohocken, PA (September, 2018). Gender and Forensic Experts: Does it Influence Selection and Outcomes?, National Organization of Forensic Social Workers, Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA (June, 2018). Effective Experts in Difficult Situations: Yoda knows Daubert (But not Family Courts), Divorce on the Beach, Alabama State Bar Association, Destin, FL (June, 2018). Overview: Experts in Family Court: Useful Rationale, Judicial Science, or Forensic Science?, AAML, Maui, HI (March, 2018).
- What is the Standard of Care? How Various State States and Professional Guidelines Address ARTS Ethics Issues, Academy of Adoption & Assisted Reproduction Attorneys, Minneapolis, MN [Webinar] (January 2018).
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.