Ben Stevens is an experienced family law attorney who represents individuals across South Carolina in high asset divorce, child custody, and other complex family law cases. The three words that best describe him are aggressive, creative, and compassionate. He will become President of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers in November 2023. He is a Fellow in the International Academy of Family Lawyers and a Board-Certified Family Trial Advocate by The National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- President-Elect, 2022-2023
- First Vice President, 2021 – 2022
- Second Vice President, 2017 – 2021
- Technology Coordinator, 2015 – 2017
- Co-Chair, Website Committee, 2018 – Present
- Chair, Social Media & Newsletter Committee, 2015 – 2017
- Chair, Webinar Committee, 2014 – 2015
- Vice Chair, Technology Committee, 2014 – 2015
- Vice Chair, E-Discovery/ESI Committee, 2014 – 2015
- Vice Chair, Law Office Management Committee, 2014 – 2015
- Chair, Family Law Section, South Carolina Bar, 2016 – 2017Chair, Family Law Section, South Carolina Assoc. for Justice, 2010 – 2012Board of Governors, South Carolina Bar, 2019 – 2022Board of Governors, South Carolina Assoc. for Justice, 2010 – 2016
- Mr. Stevens has planned, moderated, and taught numerous Continuing Legal Education seminars on family law and other topics on the local, state, national, and international levels.
Find a Lawyer
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.