Admitted to Practice
- American Bar Association (Member-Family Law section)
- State Bar of California (Member, Family Law section)
- Orange County Bar Association (member, Family Law section, Trusts and Estates section and Sports and Entertainment section) and Los Angeles County Bar Assoicaiton (member, Family Law Section). Mr. Cowhig served on the Board of Directors of the Family Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association from 2003-2008: President (2008), Vice President (2007), Treasurer (2006), Secretary (2005) and Member At-large (2003-2004).
- He is a present and past Director of the Orange County Bar Association Board of Directors. He is a former co-chair of the Orange County Bar Association’s Education Committee.
- Mr. Cowhig was the recent co-chair of the Education Committee of the Orange County Bar Association. He has also been a member of the Education Committee of the Family Law Section starting in 1999 through 2008. Mr. Cowhig has been an instructor and continues to participate in numerous seminars and other continuing education panels for the Family Law section of the Orange County Bar including: 2017 – 2020 Family Law Review- White Zuckerman Warsavsky, Luna and Hunt ., WE AIN’T THE BAD GUYS, The ramifications of decision in the criminal matter-THE PEOPLE v. SANCHEZ- on the FAMILY LAW AND CIVIL COURTS- OCBA Travel Seminar Jan 2018
- Common Myths and Misunderstandings of Clients and Non-Family Law Lawyers in Addressing Dissolution Actions- OCBA Travel Seminar Oct 20162015 Family Law Review- White Zuckerman Warsavsky, Luna and Hunt Feb 2016They Told You WHAT?! Rumors, Myths and Bad Advice Family Law Attorneys Have to Dispel. OCBA Travel Seminar Nov 2015
- 2014 Family Law Review- White Zuckerman Warsavsky, Luna and Hunt Feb 2015Family Law Nuts and Bolts --program chair -- Last Dash Jan 2015Family Law for the Non-Family Law lawyer-Last Dash Jan 2014
- Family Law Update: Comprehensive Review of 2013 Appellate Decisions, New Statute and Court Rules-OCBA Family Law Section Feb 2014
- 2013 Family Law Review-White Zuckerman Warsavsky, Luna and Hunt Feb 2014
- Family Law Update: Comprehensive Review of 2012 Appellate Decisions, New Statute and Court Rules-OCBA Family Law Section Feb 2013
- 2012 Family Law Review-White Zuckerman Warsavsky, Luna and Hunt Feb 2013
- 2011 Cases in Review and What’s New for 2013-OCBA Family Law Section Mar 2012
- 2011 Family law Review- White Zuckerman, Warsavsky, Luna and Hunt Feb 2012
- Family Law Evidence in Action-OCBA Nov 2011
- The Family Residence from A-Z OCBA June 2007
- Practical Tips on Complex issues in Family Law-OCBA Jun 2006
- Spousal Support, The Advanced Course-OCBA April 2003.
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.