Ms. Cappellas practice focuses exclusively in the area of matrimonial law, where she has spent over 30 years concentrating on complex, high net worth marital estates. Ms. Cappella became a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) in 2009 and serves as the President-Elect of AAML Pennsylvania Chapter.
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- Current President, Pennsylvania ChapterPresident-ElectVice PresidentSecretaryBoard of ExaminersNominating Committee
- American Bar Association Family Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section, Program Committee Co-Chair 2014-2015
- Program Committee Member 2010-2012
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Board of Governors, 2015-2023
- Judiciary Committee Member 2012-2015, Family Law Section Council 1995-1998
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation Fellow
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section Program Co-Chair 2015
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section, Faculty, AAML Hot Tips: Best Practices Useful Provisions and Clauses for Prenups Marital Settlement Agreements and Other Divorce Documents, 2013, Slicing up the Pie, Property Distribution in Pennsylvania, 2010, 2012, 2015
- Social Media and Divorce, 2010
- Technology and Family Law, 2002
- Allegheny County Matrimonial Inns of Court CCLXXII, Charter Member, Faculty, ESI Pittsburgh: Electronic Discovery and Technology in Family Law Practice, 2008
- Faculty, Representing Disabled Clients, 2008
- Faculty, Appellate Practice, 1996
- Allegheny County Bar Assn. Family Law Section, 1991-Present, Faculty, Abuse of Custody Process in Divorce Cases, 2008
- Faculty, Protection from Abuse Act, 1998.
Find a Lawyer
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.