University of Virginia, J.D., 1994
Admitted to Practice
Colorado, 1994; South Dakota, 2021.
AAML Position(s) Held
- AAML/ACTEC Committee, 2019 to present.
- AAML 2018 National CLE Committee, 2017-2018.
- Chapter President, 2012-2013
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- National Chair of the AAML Committee to work with the National Chair of the ACTEC Task Force on the intersection of estate and trusts and family law, 2019 – present.
- Executive Council Liaison between Trusts and Estates Section and Family Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association, 2018 to present.
- Orange Book Committee, Trusts and Estates, Colorado Bar Association, 2019.
- Denver Estate Planning Council.
- Society of Financial Service Professionals.
- Chief Justice’s Commission on the Legal Profession, Liaison, 2013-2015.
- Statutory Revisions Committee, Trusts and Estates Section, Colorado Bar Association, subcommittee on review of the Uniform Probate Code (surrogacy issues), 2008-2010.
- Appointed Member, Colorado Bar Association Common Law Marriage Task Force, July 2007 – December 2007.
- President, Thompson Marsh Inn of Court, 2006-2007.
- Executive Council, Colorado Bar Association, 2005-2006.
- Budget Committee, Colorado Bar Association, 2002-2003.
- Second Vice President, Denver Bar Association, 2001-2002.
- Executive Council, Family Law Section, Colorado Bar Association, 2001-2003.
- Board of Governors, Colorado Bar Association, 1998-2002, 2005-2006.
- Fellow, Colorado Bar Association, 2005 to present.
- Board Member, Colorado Women’s Bar Association, 1998-2000.
- Chairperson, Solo/Small Firm Section, Colorado Bar Association, 1999-2000.
- Member, Family Law Section, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Trusts and Estates Section, Colorado Bar Association.
- Representative list:
- “Trust Distributions,” American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and American Law Institute, November 2020.
- “Did I Say I Do? Addressing and resolving issues associated with common law marriage in estate planning and administration,” with Amy K. Rosenberg, 2020 Domestic Relations and Probate Institute, September 2020.
- “Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid. But Do Not Despair – How Divorce Attorneys and Your Own Clients May Make You Regret that Prenup You Drafted, and How to Avoid It,” Trusts and Estates Annual Retreat, Sante Fe, NM, June 2019
- “Double Dip Debate,” AAML/BVR National Divorce Conference, Las Vegas, NV, May 2019.
- “The Price of Vice: Issues with Cannabis and Other ‘Vice’ Businesses,” AAML/BVR National Divorce Conference, Las Vegas, NV, May 2019
- -Court Strategies for Litigants with Capacity Issues in Divorce Cases, Judicial Conference, June, 2018.
- -Estate Planning Basics, Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association, May, 2018.
- -Grey Divorce, Society of Financial Service Professionals, January, 2018.
- -Valuation of Unique Assets, AAML Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois, November, 2017.
- -Grey Divorce, Boulder Interdisciplinary Committee, October, 2017.
- -Judicial Conference regarding Appointment of GALs, September, 2017
- -Global Health and Human Rights, University of Denver Josef Korbel School of International Studies, May 8, 2017.
- -Prenuptial Agreements: A High Level Discussion with Colorados Premier Practitioners and Judges, Presented by Colorado CLE, February 16, 2017.
- -Double Dipping: Webinar for Business Valuation Resources, January, 2017.
- -GALs in Domestic Relations Cases: Where We Have Been, Where We Are, and Why Title 15 is Where We (Think We) Are Going, AAML Colorado Chapter, December, 2016.
- -Grey Divorce: Special Considerations for Elders involved in the Dissolution of Marriage Process, with Melinda Moses, Esq., 2016 Elder Law Retreat, August 26, 2016.
- -A High Level Discussion about the Interplay Between Goodwill and Maintenance: Expanding the Double Dip Debate, AAML Colorado Chapter, December, 2015.
- -Common Law Marriage in Todays Changing World, with Herb Tucker, Esq., Colorado Womens Bar Association Annual Convention, May 17, 2014, Vail, Colorado.
- Family Law Fall Update, -Uniform Pre-Marital and Marital Agreements Act and Colorado Civil Union Act, October 25, 2013, Denver, Colorado.
- -Modifications to the Uniform Probate Code, Colorado CLE, Denver, Colorado, September 7, 2010.
- -Modifications to the Uniform Probate Code, Trusts and Estates Retreat, Vail, Colorado, June 18 and June 19, 2010.
- -UPC and the Law, Trusts and Estates Update, Denver, Colorado, December 11, 2009.
- -Family Law Update, Colorado Magistrates Conference, Westminster, Colorado, September 14, 2009.
- -Obtaining and Evaluating Financial Information, Colorado Family Law Practice for Paralegals, May 29, 2009.
- -Standards of Value, Business Valuation Program, National CLE Conference (LEI), Vail, Colorado, January 3, 2009.
- -Dead Exes: Probate and Probate Litigation Issues, AAML Advanced Family Law Institute, Denver, Colorado, December 12, 2006.
- Relocation Panel, AAML Advanced Family Law Seminar, Denver, Colorado, December 10, 2005.
- -Cohabitation Agreements, Relationship Agreements, CLE International, Denver, Colorado, August 12, 2005.
- -Marital Agreements, Elder Law Institute, September 2002.
- -Death and Divorce: The Intersection of Family Law & Probate, Family Law Sections Annual Spring Family Law Update, May 2002.
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.