Washington & Lee University School of Law 1987
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- Mountain States Chapter President 2018
- Current positions:
- Family Law Section (State Bar of New Mexico): Chair 2014 and member of the annual Family Law Institute Planning Committee Elder Law Section (State Bar of New Mexico): Chair 2014 and member of CLE planning committee.
- Select prior positions
- University of New Mexico School of Law-Co-Adjunct Professor (with Virginia Dugan) Advanced Drafting in Family Law, spring semester 2012 New Mexico Women’s Bar Association-President 2003
- Vice-President 2002
- former Board member 1998-2003 American Bar Association General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Section Member of Council 2004-2005 Chair of Leadership Conference 2001 Chair of Family Law Core Group early 2000s Chair of Member Training Committee & author of the Leadership Training Handbook for the section 2002 Member of the Corporate Sponsors committee, Long-Range Planning committee, Programs & CLE committee, and Chair-Elect planning group for Karen Mathis (Section Chair 2002-2003).
- Annual Family Law Retreat, Taos, NM (April 2014)-“Jurisdiction, Venue & Service of Process-Let’s All Get on the Right Page” NBI, Albuquerque, NM (June 2013)-presented on “Child Custody Procedures: Form by Form” Annual Family Law Retreat, Denver, CO (April 2013)-presented on “Business Valuations of Family-Owned Small Businesses” State Bar of New Mexico CLE at Sea (September 2012)-co-presenter on “Pre-Nuptial and Post Nuptial Agreements: What’s Love Got to Do with it?” Annual Family Law Retreat, Chicago, IL (April-2012)-presented on “Rule 123 Financial Disclosures and Miscellaneous Judicial Procedures/Preferences” Family Law Institute, Albuquerque, NM (October 2011)-panel speaker on “Boomer Concerns: The Health Care Gap, Long Term Care, and Financial Concerns Later in Life” DNA People’s Legal Services Annual conference, Ganado, AZ (July 2010)-conducted CLE on QDRI Basics State Bar Annual Convention, Ruidoso, NM (July 2007)-presented CLE on Bankruptcy and Elders
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.