Michèle specializes in complex venture capital issues and high conflict custody issues. She serves as a mediator in attorney-assisted mediation and as a private settlement judge. She is a CA Certified Family Law Specialist (ACFLS); Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent attorney; and nominated for Best Lawyers® by US News & World Report, as well as Super Lawyers® by Thomson Reuters, each year since 2006, including Super Lawyers® Top 50 Women since 2012 and Bay Area Top 10 Attorney for several years.
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- National AAML Foundation Grants Committee Member since 1/1/2017
- NorCal Chapter President Elect as of 1/1/2022NorCal Chapter Board Member as of 1/1/2020
- State Bar of California-current
- San Mateo County Bar Association-Current: 2011 Bar Association President, Board Member from 2002-2012, Past committees include: Bench & Bar Committee, Finance Committee, Membership Committee, Community Affairs Committee
- SantaClara County BarAssociation-current
- Bar Association of San Francisco-current
- Palo Alto Area Bar Association-Current
- American Bar Association-current
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County: Current Board Member, Current Chair of the Board’s development committee, Current Co-chair of the Legal Aid “and Justice for All” Annual Awards Lucheon Committee
- Collaborative Practice San Mateo County-Member since 2001
- Membership Committee
- Conference of California Bar Associations: Past Board Member, Cureen Delegate representing San Mateo County, Chair and Treasurer of the San Mateo Delegation.
- October 2020 The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Mentoring Group Presentation: 1-hour presentation via Zoom on “Venture Capital BasicsOctober 2020 – Notre Dame de Namur University, Clinical Psychology Graduate Department: 1.5-hour program via Zoom for graduate students in “Law & Ethics” course on “Family Law Crossover Issues”July 2013-Nortre Dame deNamur University, Clinical Psychology Graduate Department: 1.5-hour program for graduate in “Law & Ethica” course on “Family Law Crossover Issues”
- May 2013- The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers 2013 Symposium: 1-hour panel with Attorneys John Harding, Wesley Kinnear and Gregory Maple on “How To: Practical Tips For Incorporatin Premarital Agreements Into Your Family Law Practice”
- April 2013-DLA Piper, LLP: 1-hour presentation to non-Family Law Attorneys on “Separation and Divorce: What Attorneys Should Know”
- June 2012-Notre Dame de Namur Univeristy, Clinical Psychology Graduate Department: 2-hour presentation to graduate students in “Ethics in the Law” course on “Family Law Crossover Ethics in Psychology”
- January 2012-San Mateo County Bar Association Funky Credit Day: 2-hour panel with San Mateo County Superior Judge Don R. Franchi and Joseph P. Crawford on “Ethics in Family Law’
- November 2011-San Mateo County Women Lawyers: 1-hour panel with San Mateo County Superior Court Judge Susan I. Etezadi and Nancy L. Fineman on “Learning from my Mistakes”
- October 2008-San Mateo County Family Law Section: 1-hour panel with Attorneys Stephen J. Montalvo and Michelene E. Insalaco on “How to Successfully Litigate Permanent Spousal Support”
- August 2008-Administrative Office of the Courts: 2-hour presentation on “Move-Away Cases” to Family Court Services mediators from all over California being trained to handle mediation and custody evaluation cases
- April 2008-OPES Advisors, Palo Alto, CA: 2-hour presentation to Financial Advisors and Loan Brokers on “Family Law Crossover issues in Advising Clients going Through Divorce”.
Find a Lawyer
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.