A best-selling author of divorce guide “I Just Want This Done,” and a top-rated lawyer in Divorce and Family Law for several years, Raiford concentrates his practice in high net worth and complex asset divorce matters in Chicago.
His bestselling divorce book, I Just Want This Done, How Smart, Successful People get Divorced Without Losing Their Kids, Money, and Minds, is available on Amazon.
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- Member, Board of Managers 2022-
- Secretary and Member of Board of Directors, Family Shelter Service of DuPage County
- Member, American Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, DuPage County Bar Association, Chicago Bar Association, Will County Bar Association.
- Mediator, Association for Conflict Resolution
- Guardian ad Litem, Circuit Court for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit (DuPage County)
- Fellow, Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
- Fellow, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member of Board of Directors, DuPage County Bar Foundation, 2009-2013
- 2009 Presenter, The Oasis Experience, Inc.,
- 2010 Presenter: DCBA Mega Meeting, 2010. “Drafting Pitfalls and Tips for Family law Agreements.
- 2011 Presenter, DuPage County Bar Association Family law committee, “New Illinos Rules of Evidence.”
- Presenter: DuPage County Bar Association, “Guardian ad Litem Part I.”
- 2012 Instructor, DuPage County Bar Association, “Civil law Trial Advocacy Program.”
- Presenter, NBI “Advanced Issues in Divorce: Ethical Dilemmas.”
- Presenter, NBI, “Advanced Issues in Divorce: Resolving Disputes and Speeding up the Process.”
- 2014 Presenter, NBI, “Common Mistakes in Dividing Marital Assets, Failure to Obtain and Interpret All Financial Documents.”
- Presenter, NBI, “Common Mistakes in Dividing Marital Assets, Proper Valuation of Martial Assets.
Find a Lawyer
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.