Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- National Test, Vice Chair 2020-2022
- Secretary, Treasurer, Vice president, President
- American Academy of Matrimonial Attorneys, drafting team national examination, 2020-2022.American Academy of Matrimonial Attorneys, Nevada Chapter President 2018 and 2019.Family Law Section Executive Council, State Bar of Nevada, 2007 to 2015, Chair 2011 to 2012.Nevada Family Practice Manual, State Bar of Nevada, lead editor, 3rd Ed. 2013.Family Law Section, State Bar of Nevada, lead drafter specialization test, 2008 to 2011.Nevada Family Law Report, State Bar of Nevada, editor 2006 to 2010.Mediators of Southern Nevada, Inc., Board of Directors, 2006 to 2009.Outsource Mediation Committee, Eighth Judicial District Court, 2004 to 2006.Senior Citizens Law Project, Advisory Board, City of Las Vegas, 2003 to 2006.
- Family Law 101, author and co-presenter for Nevada Legal Services CLE presented live in Reno and simulcast to Las Vegas. (2022)
- Relocation: The Moving Parts, author and presenter for Nevada Legal Services CLE presented statewide via Zoom. (2021)
- How to Calculate Child Support and Working with the District Attorneys Office for Collection, author and co-presenter for Nevada Legal Services CLE presented statewide via Zoom. (2021)
- Uncommon Law: A Comparative Look at New Jersey and Nevadas Family Law Cases and Statutes, author and presenter for the New Jersey State Bar Associations Mid-Year Meeting (Las Vegas, October 2012).
- Hague Convention Regarding International Child Abduction, contributing author for Nevada Family Law Practice Manual, §1.101 – 1.109 (2003 Ed.)
- §1.104 – 1.119 (2008 Ed.)
- and 2013 Ed.
- Family Law at Ely Conference 2011 and 2012, as Chair of the Section developed the course and master of ceremonies for State Bar of Nevada (Ely, March 2011 and 2012).
- Business Valuations, presenter for both Clark County (CCBA, Las Vegas course) and Washoe County (WCBA, Reno course), January and February 2012.
- Family Law 101, author and presenter for Nevada Legal Services for National Pro Bono Week (Reno, October 2011 and October 2012).
- Family Law at Ely Conference 2009 and 2010, Paralegal Training Course, as Vice Chair of the Section developed the course and presented for State Bar of Nevada (Ely, March 2009 and 2010).
- Tax for Family Law, coauthor and presenter, State Bar of Nevada (Ely, March 2008).
- What Standards of Value Apply in Business Valuations? Fair Market or Marital Value and the Question of Discounts When the Close Held Business Is Not Sold, author, Nevada Family Law Report, Vol. 20, Issue 4, Fall 2007.
- Division of Retirement Benefits, author, Nevada Family Law Report, Vol. 20, Issue 1, Winter 2006.
- Business Valuation Approaches and Methods Boiled Down – the Basics, author, Nevada Family Law Report, Vol. 19, Issue 4, Winter 2006.
- Civility: a Litigators Guide to -Lift Up That Button, coauthor with Michael V. Kattelman, Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 14, Issue 11, November 2006.
- Can the Family Court Ever Hear Civil Division Court Matters: Marital Torts and the Selective Expansion of Subject Matter Jurisdiction, coauthor with Marshal S. Willick, Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 14, Issue 8, August 2006.
- 17th Annual Family Law Conference in Ely: A Treasure of Information for the Practitioner, author, Nevada Lawyer, Vol. 14, Issue 6, June 2006.
- Frequently Asked Tax Questions by Divorce Clients, author, Clark County Communique, Vol. 27, Number 3, March 2006.
- What Judges Want You to Know about Nevada Family Court, coauthor and panel moderator (Las Vegas, September 2005.
- A Pro Bono Challenge, author, Clark County Communique, Vol. 12, Number 8, August 2005.
- Legal Information for Family Law Mediators, author and presenter for Eighth Judicial District Court Mediation Program, sponsored by the SALTMAN CENTER FOR CONFLICT RESOLUTION AT UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA – LAS VEGAS and WILLIAM S. BOYD SCHOOL OF LAW, and the Mediators of Southern Nevada, Inc. (Las Vegas, January 2005).
- Pensions in Nevada Divorce Law, coauthor and presenter (Las Vegas, October 2004).
- The Division of a Family-Owned Business, or Partnership Interest in a Business, coauthor with Marshal S. Willick for the Family Law Council of Community Property States (Madison, WI, March 2004).
- Complex Divorce Issues for the Nevada Practitioner, coauthor and presenter (Las Vegas and Reno, 2003 and 2004).
- Ten Commonly Missed Aspects to Community Property Valuation and Distribution, coauthor with Marshal S. Willick, Clark County Communique, Vol. 23, Number 6, June 2002.
- Child Custody and Shared Parenting in Nevada, coauthor and presenter (Las Vegas, April 2002).
- Matrimonial Agreements: Requirements for Validity, coauthor and presenter at the Family Law Counsel of Community Property States (New Orleans, LA, March 2002).
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.