Sarah serves solo & small firms through contract research, writing, and consulting. She serves Floridas families as a collaborative attorney, mediator, and guardian ad litem.
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- Treasurer / 2021-2022 / Family Law Section of The Florida BarPresident / 2017-2018 / Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- Speaker, Divorce Advice for Special Needs Families, ABA Section of Family Law Special Needs Families Committee Brown Bag, Zoom Webinar, July 8, 2021.Speaker, Assisting with Child Custody and Visitation Issues & Conflicts of Interest and Client Confidentiality, Florida Family Law Practice for Paralegals, HalfMoon Education, Inc., Webinar, May 19, 2021.
- Panelist, Campus to Career: -A day in the life of Family Law, Stetson University College of Law & HCBA Family Law Section, Zoom Panel Discussion, March 29, 2021.
- Speaker, Microsoft Excel Tips and Shortcuts for Lawyers and Mediators: A How-To Guide for Unleashing the Power of Excel, ADR Section of The Florida Bar, Webinar, September 17, 2020.
- Speaker, Microsoft Word: A Lawyers Guide to Maximizing its Use and Reducing Errors, ADR Section of The Florida Bar, Webinar, August 27, 2020.
- Co-Speaker, Mediating for Extraordinary Families: Special Needs, LGBTQIAA, and Extended Families, Florida Dispute Resolution Center Annual Conference Virtual Edition, August 14, 2020.
- Presenter, Top 10 Ways Family Law Cases with Special Needs Children are Unique, 22nd Annual Family Café, Virtual Presentation, June 5-7, 2020.
- Speaker, Facebook Live: How to Survive and Thrive while Forced to Work from Home Part 2: Children, The Family Law Section of The Florida Bar, April 6, 2020.
- Co-Speaker, Family Law and Ethics for Paralegals, Halfmoon Seminars, Webinar, March 31, 2020
- Panelist Speaker, Marital & Family Law Board Certification Exam Tips & Nibbles, Certification Review Course, The Family Law Section of The Florida Bar & AAML, January 24, 2018 & January 29, 2020
- Panelist Speaker, The Mechanics of Board Certification, Audio CLE, The Family Law Section of The Florida Bar, November 30, 2017 & December 17, 2019
- Moderator, Diversity & Inclusion in Family Law Cases, Special Needs Children & Family Law CLE, Family Law Section of The Florida Bar, Tampa, FL, October 11, 2019
- Speaker, Making Adobe Acrobat Work for You, Webinar CLE, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of The Florida Bar, August 20, 2019
- Co-Speaker, Technology and Ethics, 2019 Trial Advocacy Seminar, Family Law Section of The Florida Bar, July 27, 2019
- Co-Speaker, Unleashing the Power of Excel, Webinar CLE, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of The Florida Bar, June 18, 2019
- Speaker, Microsoft Word for Mediators, Webinar CLE, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of The Florida Bar, May 21, 2019
- Panelist, Overcoming Challenges to Advancement While Being Who You Are, Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers International Womens Day CLE, March 20, 2019
- Moderator, Marital & Family Law Board Certification Exam Tips & Nibbles, Certification Review Course, The Family Law Section of The Florida Bar & AAML, January 23, 2019
- Speaker, Mastering Microsoft Office: Top tips for Word, Excel, and Outlook that will make your practice easier, Audio CLE, Florida Association for Women Lawyers, October 9, 2018
- Unleashing the Power of Microsoft Office and Adobe for Lawyers, National Business Institute, August 29, 2017: Speaker, MS Word: Legal Document Drafting and User Tips Speaker, MS PowerPoint for Courtroom and Client Presentations Co-Speaker, MS Outlook: Compliant Client Communications and Scheduling Co-Speaker, The Many Uses of Excel in Legal PracticeSpeaker, The New Family Law Rules Explained, St. Petersburg Bar Association Family Law Section, August 17, 2017
- Family Law, Adjunct Professor of Law, Stetson University College of Law, Fall 2015
- Speaker, The 7 Deadly Sins in a Family Law Case, Tampa Bay Paralegal Association, March 26, 2015
- Co-Presenter with the Hon. Richard Nielsen pupilage: The Long and Winding Road: Discovery Shenanigans, Tampa Bay Inn of Court, April 8, 2014
- Co-Presenter with the Hon. John N. Conrad pupilage: Honey I Shrunk the Judge: Best Practices for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Tampa Bay Inn of Court, January 8, 2013
- Co-Presenter with the Hon. William Levens pupilage: Voir Dire and Related Ethical Issues, J. Clifford Cheatwood Inn of Court, October 11, 2011
- Co-Presenter with the Hon. Elizabeth Jenkins Pupilage: Scientific Evidence and Related Ethical Issues, J. Clifford Cheatwood Inn of Court, January 11, 2011Speaker, Redefining Parenthood: Removing Nostalgia from Third Party Child Custody and Visitation Decisions in Florida, Stetson Law Review Scholarship Presentation, April 2009Co-Speaker with Alberto Romero, Esq.: Floridas Amendment Two, before University of South Florida Departments of Public Health, Nursing, and Medicine, October 2008
Find a Lawyer
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.