Admitted to Practice
- Past President of the North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA), 2015-2016
- Past Chair NCBA Family Law Council, 2009-2010
- Past Board Member, NCBA Board of Governors, 2010-2013
- Chair, Nominations Committee NCBA Board of Governors 2012-2013
- Committee Member, NCBA Legislative Advisory Committee, 2011-present and current Chair
- Chair NCBA Talent Development Committee 2017-2019
- Co-Chair North Carolina Bar Association Leadership Academy, 2017-2020
- Chair and Trustee NC Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts (IOLTA) 2019 to present
- Commissioner NC Domestic Violence Commission and Chair of the Victim Services Committee
- Member, NC State Bar Ethic Committee 2016-2019
- NC State Bar 8th Judicial District Councilor, 2013-2016
- Board Member, 8th Judicial District Family Court Advisory Board 2004-present
- 8th Judicial District Bar, BarCares Coordinator 2010-present
- Past President 8th Judicial District Bar Association, 1993-1994
- Past President Wayne County Bar Association, 1991-1992.
- Testing the Limits: Jurisdictional and Ethical Issues in Family Law, 09/26/08, Asheville, NC, NCBA,. Prepared a manuscript and presented at this seminar on Jurisdictional Issues Regarding Military Personnel.
- Family Matters: 2008 Basics of Family Law, 11/13/08, Cary, NC NCBA, Prepared a manuscript and presented at this seminar on Post Separation Support, Alimony & Fees.
- Modern Family, 2010 Basics of Family Law, 11/10/10, Cary, NC, NCBA, Revised my prior manuscript and presented at this seminar on Post Separation Support, Alimony & Fees.
- The Modern Family, 2012 Basics of Family Law, 11/09/12, Cary, NC, NCBA, Prepared a manuscript and presented at this seminar for one hour on Managing An Equitable Distribution Case.
- Managing Military Cases: A Broad Overview, 12/4/13, Cary, NC, NCBA, Prepared a power point and presented at this webinar on Family Law Issues with military clients.
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.