Stephen R. Smith is a partner in the Phoenix law firm of Fromm Smith & Gadow, P.C. where his practice is limited to complex family law litigation, mediation, and appellate matters. He is an Arizona Certified Specialist in Family Law, a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and is listed in Best Lawyers in America® and Super Lawyers®.
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- President 2016-2017
- State Bar of Arizona 1994 – present (Member, Family Law Section)
- U.S. Federal District Court, District of Arizona 1994 – present
- American Bar Association 1994 – present (Member, Family Law Section)
- Maricopa County Bar Association 1994 – present (Member, Family Law Section)
- MCBA Continuing Legal Education Committee, 1999-2001
- MCBA Continuing Legal Education, Family Law Sub-Committee, 1999-2001
- Whitter Law Review, 1993-1994
- Maricopa County Superior Court Approved Guardian Ad Litem 1999-Present
- Judge Pro Tem of the Maricopa County Superior, 2002 – present.
- Orders of Protection in Domestic Relations Cases (1999)
- Post-Decree Issues in Family Law (1999)
- A View from the Bench (2000, 2010)
- Current Challenges in Family Law (2011-2013)
- Family Law Institute/For Better or Worse (2012-2013)
- CLE by the Sea (2013).
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.