The Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- Amicus Committee
- Mediation Committee
- CLE co-chair, 2018-present.
- Virginia State Bar Board of Governors Family Section, 2014-2018, Chair, 2019-2020
- Council Member, Virginia State Bar, 2008-2014, 2020-present
- Co-Chair, Law School Professionalism Course, 2018-present
- Standing Committee on Unauthorized Practice of Law, Virginia State Bar, 2012-2016
- Metro Protocols Committee, Collaborative Practice Groups, 2009-present.
- Faculty Member, Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course, Virginia State Bar, 2010 -2012. Faculty Member, Virginia State Bar Law School Professionalism Course, 2012-present, Co-Chair 2018-present.
- Faculty Member, Law School Professionalism Course, Virginia State Bar, 2012- present.
- Fairfax Bar Association CLE: ‘Family Law and Mediation,’ October 6, 2009.
- Fairfax Bar Association, Family Law Section: ‘Collaborative Law: State of the Practice,’ March 12, 2012.
- Apple Valley Mediation Network, October 23, 2012.’Spousal Support in Tough Economic Times.’
- Virginia Collaborative Professionals 5th Annual Meeting, November 12, 2012.’Updates on Collaborative Protocols.’
- Fairfax Bar Association, Ethical Issues in Three Alternative Approaches to a Family Law Matter, April 16, 2013.
- Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia, January 30, 2013. ‘Ethics Guidelines for Collaborative Practice: MD, DC and VA.’
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association 2013 Family Law Seminar, September 10, 2013.’Modifying and Terminating Spousal Support.’
- Practicing Family Law
- Avoiding Malpractice, May 13, 2014. ‘Spousal Maintenance and Support.’
- Annual Divorce Practice Seminar (Virginia Chapter, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- National Center for Family Law, the University of Richmond
- and, The Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, January 22, 2015.’Benefits for Same-Sex Couples: Insurance, Beneficiary Status, Retirement Issues, Etc.’
- VTLA Advanced Family Law Retreat: Tying and Untying the Know: Advocating Same Sex Family Law Issues, February 20-21, 2015. ‘Federal Benefits/Entitlements.’
- Practicing Family Law
- Avoiding Malpractice, May 7, 2015. ‘Tax, Spousal Support, Child Support and Malpractice Tips.’
- 34th Annual Family Law Seminar: Hot Topics in Domestic Practice Today, October 15 and October 20, 2015. ‘Bi-annual Legislative Update.’
- 32nd Annual Advanced Family Law Seminar: Trial Practice Skills, April 21, 2016. ‘Crafting a Great Opening Statement.’
- AAML 40 Hour Mediation Training Faculty, June, 2019.
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.