As a practitioner of family law in Houston for over 40 years, Susan Myres has never had what she would call a routine case. The intellectual challenges are continuous, she says, with unique problems to be solved daily. Her practice includes litigation, mediation, arbitration and collaborative lawwhatever works best for the individual case. Memberships in the AAML and the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL) offer her constant learning, helpful networking and global resources.
University of Houston Law Center / 1982 / J.D.
Admitted to Practice
Texas / 1982
AAML Position(s) Held
- Past President (2021-2022) Immediate Past President (2020-2021) Galactic President (2019-2020) President-Elect (2018-2019) First Vice-President (2017-2018)
- Second Vice President (2013-2017) Secretary (2010-2012)
- Chair of National Testing Committee 2010-2011
- Membership Chair (2005-2010)
- Board of Governors-at Large Position (2007-2010). Member of various committees over the years.
- Texas Chapter, President
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Board of Managers (2012 – present), Secretary 2011-2012 Vice President USA Chapter (2008-2011)
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization Family Law Advisory Commission- Former Chair 2005 – 2011)
- Houston Bar Association Family Law Section – Former Chair
- Burta Rhodes Raborn Family Law Inns of Court – Former Chair
- Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists – Board Member
- Association of Women Attorneys – Former President
- Texas Women Lawyers – Former Founder and Director. Member: Texas Academy Family Law Specialists, Texas Family Law Section and Foundation
- Texas Bar Foundation
- College of the State Bar
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section.
- Author and Lecturer in a wide variety of family law topics with emphasis in mental health, law firm practice
- negotiation and persuasion skills, newest property developments
- jurisdictional disputes around the world..
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.