Education: Agnes Scott College (Medieval English); Cumberland Law; King’s College, London (International Law). Lawyer of the Year, Alabama Family Section; President Elect, USA Chapter, International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; President American AAML, Alabama Chapter: Board of Governors, AAML; U.S. Delegate, International Congress on Family and the Law Havana, Cuba: Delegate, American Academy of Family Trial Lawyers; Frequent lecturer nationally and Internationally
Admitted to Practice
AAML Position(s) Held
- Board of Governor’s
- President – Alabama Chapter (x2), Secretary
- Alabama State Bar, 11th Circuit Committee on the Future of the Conference, Family Law Section, President, 2004, Treasurer, 2002, 2007, Chair-Elect, 2003
- Alabama Bar Task Force on Mentoring, 2007-2009
- Birmingham Bar Association, Domestic Bench & Bar Committee
- Board Certified in Matrimonial Law by The National Board of Trial Advocacy
- American Bar Association
- Charter member – Family Law Section, Executive Committee 1996 to present, Chief Justice’s Task Force on Domestic Practice, Legislative Task Force on Family Law, International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2007 to present.
- Frequent Lecturer in both United States and International, including the Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Greece, Amsterdam and Canada
Find a Lawyer
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.