I do not accept court-contested divorce-related matters. I provide professional and personal legal, mediation and Collaborative services to each client by explaining the litigation, negotiation, mediation, and Collaboration processes; exploring the pros and cons of each process for their family; investigating the cases facts and helping clients identify what is important to them; develop a comprehensive strategy and pursue peaceful, respectful and durable resolutions.
T.C. Williams School of Law/ 1988/ J.D.
Admitted to Practice
- Member: Family Law Sections of Virginia State Bar and Virginia Bar Assn., Roanoke City Bar Assn.
- Virginia Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of Roanoke
- Southwest Virginia Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Current Position: Virginia Collaborative Professionals Council as Membership Services Chair
- Prev. Positions: Virginia Collaborative Professionals-Executive Committee Board Member 2005-08
- Virginia State Bar, Bd. of Governors-Family Law Section 2003-06
- Virginia Bar Assn.
- Young Lawyers Sections Council
- Virginia Bar Assn.: Domestic Relations Section Council-Sec. 2003, Vice Chair 2004-05
- Roanoke Valley Family Law Bar Assn.: Sec. 1994-96
- Pres. 1997.
- Virginia State Bar – Bridge the Gap – Family Law, 2002, 2003,2004
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Assn., Annual Family Law Seminar, Moderator, 2003-2004
- Lorman – Custody Issues in Virginia, 2000, 2001, 2002
- Montgomery Radford Bar Assn., Annual Family Law Seminars, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002
- Virginia State Bar: Annual Family Law Seminar-Moderator, Caselaw & Legislative Update 2004
- Virginia Bar Assn.: “Take Your Job Suggestion & Shove It! Imputation of Income, Defined Duration and Vocational Experts in Support Cases”, Aug. 2005. Virginia Psychological Association: -Optimizing the Brains Learning and Healing with Collaborative Tools and Techniques, Oct 2008
- Two-Day Basic Collaborative Law Training, 2008
- Collaborative Mediation: -Interest Based Negotiation & Mediation Skills for Collaborative Professionals, 2009 & 2010
- Collaborative Practice Training Institute: Multi-Disciplinary Collaborative Team Training, 2009
- Collaborative Professionals of Roanoke: Public Education Seminars, 2010 and Professional Education Seminar, 2010
- 30-Hour Interest Based Negotiation Skills for the Collaborative Practitioner, 2010
- Collaborative Presentation for the Employee Assistance Program Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association: Cracking the Nest Egg and Other Assets, 2010
- 3-Day Collaborative Divorce Training – AOC Maryland, 2011 & 2012
- 30-Hr. Interest-Based Negotiation & Skills Training for the Collaborative Practitioner, 2011
- Collaborative Divorce Law Practice for VSCSW, 2011
- Collaborative Divorce and the Role of the Financial Neutral, NACVA, 2011
- Collaborative Presentation for Carilion Psychiatric Residents, 2011
- Collaborative Presentation for Society for Human Resource Management, 2011
- You & the Law Series, 2011
- Jumpstarting Your Collaborative Practice, 2012
- Three-Day Collaborative Divorce Team Training. 2013-2014
- 30-Hr Interest-Based Negotiation & Mediation Skills Training, 2014
- Abingdon Solo Practitioner-Small Firm and Bench-Bar Conference, 2016
- Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Two-Day Team Training, 2016
- VaCP Conference -Uniform Collaborative Law Act: History and Application, 2021
Find a Lawyer
Filter your results by…
– OR –
Become a Fellow
AAML is a welcoming group of accomplished family lawyers who are approachable role models and eager allies to help you advance your family law career.